Journey 2020: A Strategic Plan to College, Career and Citizen-Readiness
Equitable Approach: Identify and outline equitable practices that close achievement gaps and increase access to rigorous learning experiences.
- 1.A Ensure a rigorous curriculum is designed to personalize learning using a variety of research-based instructional strategies (experiential, problem-based, inquiry, project-based, service learning)
- 1.B Implement a PK-12 literacy plan
- 1.C Provide multiple opportunities for students to develop and grow through extracurricular activities
- 1.D Support all educators with aligning written-taught-tested curriculum
- 1.E Use data to inform instructional decisions, and a tiered system of support for student success
- 1.F Explore multiple academic and career pathways to include increased work-based learning experiences, academic career planning, and engagement with business and industry partners
Equitable Approach: Ensure all students and staff have access to programs and supports to meet their individual needs.
- 2.A Foster self-awareness and resilience to assist in the development of a positive self-image
- 2.B Instill a growth mindset through multiple experiences
- 2.C Nourish physical, mental and emotional health
- 2.D Implement a social and emotional learning curriculum to support student needs
- 2.E Create and maintain a safe and supportive environment in which all students and staff thrive, and all voices are heard and respected
- 2.F Address inequities in discipline practices
Equitable Approach: Ensure employee learning promotes culturally responsive practices.
- 3.A Develop and institute a five-year professional learning plan to support implementation of the NNPS Profile of a Learner
- 3.B Develop and support employees by maintaining an aligned evaluation system that prioritizes feedback and growth
- 3.C Support leadership development to create pathways to identify, develop and retain exceptional leaders
- 3.D Equip employees to engage in collaborative teams that refine practice and develop a professional learning community culture
- 3.E Develop a comprehensive plan to support teacher learning and the implementation of blended learning and technology integration
Equitable Approach: Create opportunities that challenge traditional norms and ensure access to a diverse group of professionals in non-traditional roles.
- 4.A Increase the number of collaborative relationships with stakeholders that foster learning and cultural experiences
- 4.B Leverage the expertise of partners to create experiential learning opportunities that allow for enhanced career exploration
- 4.C Streamline communication tools to engage schools, families, students, and the community
- 4.D Promote a global mindset to prosper as a premier community within an interconnected world
Equitable Approach: Ensure the equitable distribution of all resources.
- 5.A Implement inclusive budgetary practices that include input and feedback from all stakeholders
- 5.B Establish processes and procedures for all hiring managers to recruit, hire and promote a highly-qualified workforce that would best serve our diverse student population
- 5.C Develop a comprehensive approach to staff retention that includes differentiated career advancement pathways based on goals and interests
- 5.D Create and implement a plan for a digital transformation including 1 to 1 technology for K-12 students
- 5.E Ensure measures are in place to promote and maintain safe and secure workplaces and school buildings