Office - Direct Dial (757)591-4537 Fax (757)591-9226
Penny Norton, Records Manager
Melissa Goodrich, Records Management Specialist II
Karen Carvell, Records Management Specialist I
Melissa Hawks, Records Management Specialist I
- About NNPS
- NNPS Directory
- GED Transcripts
- Virginia Enrollment Requirements
- Family Educational Rights to Privacy for Parents
- Department of Labor and Industry - Youth Employment Certificates
Corporate and Government Relations
The Corporate and Government Relations office serves as a liaison between state and federal policymakers in order to achieve the legislative goals of the School Board. This includes initiating and maintaining positive working relationships with state and federal legislators and governmental agencies that affect education law and policy.
The School Board annually adopts a School Board Legislative Program that sets forth position statements regarding a variety of state and federal legislative issues. (Download a copy of the School Board Legislative Program.)
For access to a variety of legislative and policymaking resources related to education, please use the links below.
- Capitol Classroom – A Great Resource for Educators
- Virginia Department of Education
- Virginia School Boards Association
- Virginia PTA
- Virginia Education Association
- Alliance for Virginia’s Students
- Virginia Association of School Superintendents
For more information about Corporate and Government Relations in Newport News Public Schools, contact Patrick Finneran, Director, at 757-591-4936 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.